Drive enables people with disabilities to live full and valued lives.
Drive is a pioneering organisation, established in 1981 to support people with learning disabilities to live in quality housing in their local communities. We are passionate about supporting people to increase their independence and choices to live the life they want to lead. We have grown to provide a variety of support options included shared supported living, domiciliary care for people in flats or living with families, and short breaks services.
Our values continue to guide everything we do so that we design support with people to:
- Achieve their full potential
- Make choices
- Be actively engaged in all aspects of their lives.
We work together with staff, families and the people we support to achieve:
- Community Presence: living with-in ordinary communities and developing or maintaining meaningful relationships with families and friends.
- Choice: expressing individuality and actively participating in decisions about daily life or life-defining matters.
- Competence: support to improve social and life skills in order to pursue interests, have fun and live more independently.
- Dignity and Respect: being valued by other people and experiencing valued roles at home and in the community.
- Participation: being able to join in with activities and events with others with the right level of support.
Nothing About Me Without Me
Our uniqueness lies in our partnership with the people and families that we support. Person centred approaches and active support lie at the heart of our support planning to make sure people are empowered to make choices about how they live their lives.