Drive is seeking a highly experienced senior finance professional who thinks commercially as well as strategically, and who has a natural flair for managing teams and developing people. The Organisation has a strong and unique values base, developing aims and objectives with people we support, and placing a strong emphasis on maintaining a person centred culture.
Reporting directly to the CEO and as member of the Drive senior management team, the Director of Finance will lead the financial management, payroll, information & communication technology and administrative functions for the organisation, ensuring the provision of high quality services that meet national policy and legislative requirements within the resources available.
• Shape and implement effective strategies, policies and plans that result in the delivery of high-quality professional finance, payroll, information & communications technology (ICT) and administrative services
• Be a proactive member of the senior management team and contribute to formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of corporate strategy, business plans and policies
• Take a lead role in the development and implementation of the charity’s financial strategy
• CCAB accountancy qualification, ideally 6 years minimum post qualification experience
• Experience in a leadership role with responsibility for implementing an organisational financial strategy in an organisation with £10m turnover minimum
• Be commercially aware and able to advise on the best path of growth for a business
• Demonstrable experience of conveying statistical and financial information clearly and succinctly to audiences with varied understanding
• Empathy, understanding and commitment to the work of the charity
• Experience of taking lead responsibility for an area that is not finance e.g. operations, ICT, administration
• Experience of leading major change and transformation
• Significant experience in direct management of staff in both finance and non-financial roles
• Experience of liaising with auditors, business advisers and board members
• Demonstrable ability in strategic and operational planning, financial management, inter-departmental budgeting, and goal setting, together with ongoing performance monitoring and evaluation
• Knowledge of Welsh Government and local government policy development would be an advantage
• High levels of integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
Salary & benefits
• £64,534 – rising to £68,464 after qualifying period
• Flexible working policy
• Pension scheme: – employee contribution 4%, the charity contributes 6% (after 32 weeks qualifying period)
• 22 days increasing 1 day per year for 7 years, plus 8 bank holidays.
The next step
Drive is working with Sitka Recruitment on this piece of recruitment, therefore please contact Ita McNeil-Jones directly expressing your interest via email – firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively, please email Ita to request the full candidate brief quoting Sitka_DOF_205.
Please note the closing date for this role is Monday 30th November 2020.